22 August 2008

Sidney Sheldon R.I.P. Rock In Perpetuity!

Friday, August 22, 2008 Posted by Aimee No comments
 

Sidney Sheldon dies 

January 31, 2007


And so this is Sidney Sheldon, one of my favorite authors. 
I have always adored his works -- the best laid plans, master of the game, etc, etc.
He has this sense in writing that is so inviting. Though I haven't really seen him in person, I feel his passion. He drives me to tears, to excitement, to thrill and to a world so different from here.
Although he won an Academy Award, a Tony, and A few Emmys, I’ll always remember him as one of the humblest, most genuine people I’ve ever known with an incredible work ethic.
He once said, “Don’t talk about writing…Do it!”
I’m doin’ it, Sidney…Thank You! R.I.P. Rock In Perpetuity!

"I try to construct them so when the reader gets to the end of a chapter, he or she has to read just one more chapter. It's the technique of the old Saturday afternoon serial: leave the guy hanging on the edge of the cliff at the end of the chapter." - Sidney Sheldon

0 comments:

Post a Comment