08 August 2009

Music Online

Saturday, August 08, 2009 Posted by Aimee No comments
For the past years, I have been using different peer-to-peer file-sharing programs in downloading files (music or applications, usually). I am a musically inclined person and these computer programs have helped me download my favorite songs anytime (and for free!) without really knowing what effects they give to me. Oh! Well, except for increased entertainment.

Just recently, I just learned some of the effects of these programs. And I tell you, they're not really promising. Here are some:

  • Your computer’s IP address is broadcast to millions of people. Sophisticated computer hackers can get into your system if they know your computer’s IP address.
  • They’re free because, when you install them on your computer, you also install spyware and adware.
  • The quality of the audio files you download runs from very bad to very good, and you never know how bad or good a file is until you download and play it. Some audio files are incomplete. Others are not what they claim to be.

-taken from this site


This information helped me a lot. Call me whatever but, seriously, I never really knew about those. It got me thinking of removing my peer-to-peer file-sharing programs installed in my lappy just so I could avoid these effects, and buy original albums instead. Woohoo! In that way, piracy is somehow lessen.

Another way is by purchasing from authorized online music stores. The cost of downloading an audio file from an online music store ranges from 79 to 99 cents. Some websites charge $20 to $30 per month subscription fee.


What do you think? I hope this information helped you, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment